Starfish Wishes

Starfish Wishes

Happy Tuesday! Iris here today with an ocean themed card. The main image is Naia the Mermaid. I had this image colored for a while and never came around making it into a card. While browsing YouTube I came across a video for an underwater background and I decided to case the technique. Link to the original idea is on my blog


I added some distress stain (dauber bottle) to a white card panel (I used mixed media paper), let it dry and used the Whimsy Waves Stencil to sponge on some waves with distress ink. After all the ink was dry I added some white splatters with picket fence distress paint. Using a white, super fine Sharpie poster pen I drew some bubbles and added 3D glaze to make them stand out more. I then stamped the castle from the Salty Hair clear set with Versamark ink and gold embossed the castle. The sentiment is from the same set as are the seashells and starfish stamps I used. Naia the Mermaid was colored with Copics - see a list of Copics used below.

I've added some Nuvo glitter drops to her tail to mimic scales. Here is a close-up on that:




Copics:
Skin: E000, 00, 11, 21, 04
Hair: YR04, 07, E09, 18
Green: YG03, 21, 17, 67
Violet: V01, 04, 06, 09


Whimsy products used:


Naia the Mermaid   *NEW Salty Hair   Making Waves Stencil   Gold Embossing Powder   VersaMark Full-Size Ink Pad - Original (Clear)    Copic Sketch Markers Cadmium Red [Pack Of 3] (3PK-R27S)     Memento Full-Size Ink Pad - Tuxedo Black    Glossy Accents

   Sequin Bag - Shine   Sequin Bag - Greyscale   


Distress Ink - Mini Ink Pad Kit 1Sequin Tin - Party Time


Thanks for taking the time and visiting us here on the Whimsy Blog today!


Hugs,

2 comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team