Living in the Wild Wild West

Howdy friends!  It's Vicki here and I'm really excited to be sharing my first post with you as a new Whimsy Stamps Digital Design Team Member! 

I have been enjoying digging right into all of the wonderful selection of digital stamps for my first month and I'm just as excited about what's coming in the future as well!  For now though, I'd like to share this adorable image by Crissy Armstrong called Western Pony.  Because it's a digital image, I love how you can use the hat with the image, separate it, or place and size it just right for your design!  I decided to combine the hat and pony together to come up with this card design:


The inspiration for my horse actually came from this month's release Animal Prints digital Papers.  It reminded me of that appaloosa breed with the spots.  I found an interesting photo on-line to inspire my coloring as I went along:


I colored it all with Copic markers.  For the hat, I've printed it out, fussy cut it and then used some foam tape to pop it up over the panel as if it's flying off in the wind.
So I took a strip of the papers and added it alongside my image panel and for the background, I've used some more digital papers from a past release called Ahoy, There

Here's a closer look at the image:


I hope you've enjoyed my creation today and I look forward to sharing more with you in the coming future!  Thanks for stopping in today!

Here are the Whimsy products used on my card today:
  
   







2 comments

  1. Vicki this is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you colored the horse, so beautiful! The spotted strip on the side is an awesome touch! Love the way you colored the saddle too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team