A Clean & Simple Banner Shaker Card

This cute banner shaker card was the result of me cleaning out my craft area. There was a lot of stuff collecting in there over the past two years (that was the last time I purged it).

I found some lovely watercolor patterned paper and a whole stash of sequins I didn’t know I had. Pretty cool, hey?!


To put this together, I used the Shaker Maker Banner Die Set to cut the top layer of the shaker window, the acetate for the “glass,” and the watercolor paper background.

Next, I stamped the sentiment (from You’re my Favorite) with Nocturne ink and heat embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder, so the shaker bits won’t stick and the words will stand out better.

I put the window frame face down and layered it with adhesive foam so I could add a mix of sequins and beads. Then I attached the patterned paper over it to close the shaker.

The card base needed a little something too, so I embossed it with a wavy embossing folder before I added on my banner shaker piece to finish the card.


That’s the best part of rummaging through craft stuff – you never know what you’ll unearth!

I’m so glad you came by to read today. Have you ever discovered stuff in your stash you forgot you had? Old book pages, maybe? A pompom kit from that one convention? A 2lb bag of sequins? Leave a comment below and tell me what you found!

❤️  Niki • cardstoq.com • @cardstoq (on Instagram, Pinterest & Twitter)

No comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team