Dashing Through The Snow ~ Kinetic Card Fun

Hey there Whimsy Stamps fans. I'm here with a super cute and very fun kinetic creation today. I've used a whopping 7 different Whimsy Stamps items in this creation and had such a blast making it. I've even taken a little video of the kinetic element of this creation in action. You can click the video below for a peek at that.



I have a step by step tutorial on how I created this Kinetic card using the fabulous Whimsy Stamps Slip 'n' Slide  Die Set, so head over there to Crafty Kiwi Mama for a break down of this process.


This adorable Whimsy Stamps penguin image is by Crissy Armstrong and is called Penguin Skier 2. I've coloured him with my Copic Markers. I added a tiny bit of Wink of Stella to his ski goggles for a little bit of sheen and that was him done. I love his yellow scarf and hat. I thought it was such a fun joyful colour for this creation. I think he's utterly adorable!


I created a snowbank which I'd embossed with two different folders for a bit of fun and then added a little cluster of trees at the top of the snowbank and one down the bottom. I used the cute little tree die from the Camper's Road Trip die set. It's only available now in the June Bonus Bundle, but if you're keen on that and the Slip 'n' Slide die set too, it's a steal, as they're both in this Super Saver set.


I've used two lovely dies to create the sentiment. The Christmas Large Word Die and one of the words from the Wonderland Word Die Set. I cut them from silver glitter cardstock for a bit of bling and sparkle. I adhered them to the paper with Zig Glue Pen. I printed the beautiful Winter's Magic Blue Digital Papers by Crissy Armstrong on 250gsm cardstock, so it was heavy enough to carry the slider mechanism without buckling. The final touch was to add a snowflake from the Snowflake Dies by Nina-Marie Trapani. I added Wink of Stella to it, but felt last minute it needed a little something else, so I added a tiny sparkly gem to the centre.


The thumbnails at the end of this post will take you straight through to the store for a closer peek at the Whimsy Stamps elements I used for this card. I hope you enjoyed my kinetic creation, if you want a closer look at the full process of how this kinetic card was created, head to my blog.


Do pop over to the Whimsy Stamps Facebook Group where there is a constant stream of lovely inspiration from the Wider Whimsy Design Team. They're such a talented team, and you're sure to be inspired by their gorgeous creations. I'll be back again next month with another Whimsy Stamps crafty adventure. Hugs and happy crafting xoxo



 
 

 

No comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team