Mazarine Butterfly Fairy


Hi Everyone and welcome back! I want to ask you a question today: What inspires you when coloring or crafting? I think we all fall into slumps and lose some of our crafting mojo once in a while. So how do we pull ourselves out of it? Well, I was super busy the last couple weeks with my kids heading back to school, and honestly, I was in a creative fog. Seriously, I had nothing!

So I wandered into the craft room, and I began by cleaning and organizing for a few minutes. Then I pulled my Whimsy stamps and die tub out, and started flipping through - just to see what caught my eye... And there was ... Mazarine! A sweet little fairy stamp I purchased a couple of months ago, and from the moment I first saw her I thought she looked like a cute ladybug with her wings ready to take flight and spread special wishes with her magic wand.


Now, I'm going to admit that I am a little intimidated by coloring with Copics, because I just started practicing in the last year or so. Two of the most challenging color families are reds and blacks, and of course a ladybug is, well,  red and black. So again I needed a little inspiration; Pinterest to the rescue! (You can see my Inspirational Images board HERE.) I found an adorable picture of a ladybug taking flight with her wings spread, and that was all of the inspiration I needed to begin coloring my Mazarine.


 So what do you think? The card techniques are pretty basic, so I won't go into the steps today. I mostly wanted to begin the conversation of how we find inspiration. Do you look for pictures? Flip through your stash? Share your thoughts and ideas in the comments. I can't wait to see what inspires you! Love and crafty hugs!
Erin



Copic Colors Used:

Skin: E000, E00, E11, E13, R20
Hair: E27, E29, E49, E57
Wings and Dots: N0, N2, N4, N6, N8, N9
Dress: R22, R24, R27, R29

Whimsy Products Used:

Mazarine Butterfly Fairy Rubber Cling Stamp   *NEW Cherry Blossom Background Rubber Cling Stamp  You're My Favorite Clear Stamps   Wavy Edgers Die SetBlack Embossing PowderVersaMark Full-Size Ink Pad - Original (Clear) Copic Markers

5 comments

  1. Your card is fabulous and cute as a bug! Red and black are hard to use Coptic colors. I get my inspiration from magazines, ads, and other bloggers. Your card made me want to look at my girlie stamps and buy more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous Erin. Beautiful colouring and I love the ladybird inspiration!
    ...xxx❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is absolutely adorable! Hmmmm.....I love reading new blogs and spending time in Pinterest for inspiration. Thanks for a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your inspiration board is fabulous Erin! A great idea to google ladybug images. I must confess, when Mr Mojo takes a holiday, I spend time going through my Pinterest boards, looking at friends gorgeous creations and drinking in the inspiration that's out there. I often start with the papers I want to use, and draw my colours for the image from that. But often, I colour just for the fun of it and then need to try and match papers! Not so easy that way around! LOL. Stunning creation hun. Your ladybug Mazarine is so beautifully coloured and your delish black on black treatment of the blossom stamp is fabulous! Love it. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team