Space Dragon with Galaxy Background

Hello, friends!  It's Andrea with you today sharing a fun card featuring new products from the January release.  This would be such a fun Valentine's Day card for a little space lover.  


My card began with that out-of-this-world background.  I stamped the new Moon Background stamp with Versafine Onyx Black ink onto Bristol Smooth paper.  After masking the image, I created a galaxy background with the following shades of distress ink:  Twisted Citron, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Mermaid Lagoon, Chipped Sapphire, and Black Soot.  Once I was happy with the inking, I flicked on some water and blotted it before flicking on a mixture of white paint and shimmer spritz.  I removed the mask and colored the moon with Zig markers and a waterbrush.  When everything was dry, I trimmed down the panel and adhered it to a white card.


Isn't that Space Dragon adorable?!  I stamped him with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored him with Copics.  After cutting him out, I added some highlights with a white gel pen and popped him up onto my card with foam tape.  His space ship got a liberal coating of clear sparkle, and the dimension and shine on his helmet are compliments of Glossy Accents.


For my sentiment I chose some words from the new You're Too Kind stamp set.  I stamped the words with Versamark onto black cardstock and white heat-embossed them.  I die-cut the sentiment with the new Quick Strips Die Set and attached it to my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to subscribe to the Whimsy newsletter (link in sidebar) for exclusive content, and don't forget to follow on Pinterest and Instagram.


*NEW Space Dragon Rubber Cling Stamp  *NEW You're Too Kind Clear Stamps *NEW Quick Strips Die Set


3 comments

  1. This is a very cool card. I love the background and that you explained how you did each step. Thank you for sharing your artistic expertise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely is your card and what a gorgeous image love the layout too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card. I recognized Dustin's art work right away. Fantastic coloring and background. [Bunny]`

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team