Elegant Thanks - Columbine and Hummingbird

I was so excited to color up this newly released stamp with my Copic markers.  This elegant Columbine and Hummingbird is so easy to color.  With all the small dots in the stamped image the shading is almost already done for you.  The hardest part was to decide on the colors I wanted to use as hummingbirds and Columbine flowers come in so many shades and colors.
 

 I think it would make a beautifully water-colored card as well, all you need to do is stamp it in a lighter color to make the stamp lines less prominent.  I know you will enjoy this stamp as much as I have.  I look forward to using this stamp over and over.

When I colored the image, a lot of the colors in the background aren't from your natural Copic blending colors.  I used lighter fun colors for the background to blend with the E81 E84 and E87.  I literally just smooshed them together until they blended.  Because they are the lighter colors they slightly erase the prior colors allowing for an easier blend.

You can find this stamp in the store and if its sold out be sure and fill out the "contact me" so you will be the first to know when its available again!


  Columbine and Hummingbird

 Copic Colors:

RV000 RV23 RV25 RV29 R56 flower
W1 W3 W5 W9
YG01 YG03 YG17 YG67
BG05 BG07 BG13 BG34 BG75
 B24 B26 B29
R24 beak
Y02 stamin
RV23 YG03 background
B00 BG10 background
E81 E84 E87 background

If you would like to follow my website for more inspiration you can find me at Just4FunCrafts.

Happy coloring - Jenn Dove

1 comment

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team