Pretty in Plaid...

Hello everyone!

I hope 2019 is being kind to you so far!

I'm starting the year off by showing you my favourite card made with January new release goodies!
I have used the beautiful background stamp
and

To make my card I stamped the Buffalo Plaid Background Rubber Cling Stamp with an embossing pad and heat embossed it in white (The white heat embossed ink resists the colour from the Distress Inks).

Then I blended Distress Inks on top of the embossed plaid background - I used Evergreen Bough, Worn Lipstick, Shaded Lilac and Scattered Straw which are quite delicate and look gorgeous together.

I used two square dies together to die cut a white frame and fixed the frame to the background.

Next I die cut white card with the Thanks Word with Shadows Die Set and blended Evergreen Bough Distress Ink over the word thanks.  I fixed that to the stitched edged die cut shadow and then fixed the die cuts to the bottom right hand side of the card design as shown.

Finally I added some glitter dots to the card design in similar colours to the Distress Ink.
I think this is just so pretty and delicate and is an effect I will definitely use again!


While you're here be sure to have a look round our 
Whimsy Inspirations Blog
to see all the gorgeous creations by the Creative Team, and then pop to
Whimsy Stamps
for some essential retail therapy! (;





4 comments

  1. Beautiful card. Love that stamp. It looks like a woven linen cloth. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so soft and pretty all the elements work together so beautifully - LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Sue. I never would have picked Evergreen Bough as the green color for the pastel palette, thinking it would be too dark. It is absolutely stunning and works really well with the other colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team