In the Day

Hello and welcome. Dorinda with you today.

I love the line, "Back in my day". 
Sadly, I'm at that point where I have been around enough to use it.

Today's project will hopefully give you a giggle. Even if you haven't started using the phrase yet ;)

This sweet man is from a super hilarious, clear rubber set from the 
Deb Davis aka Amped2Stamp line called

Other products used today are:


The sentiment I chose instantly created the whole scene.
so my geezer could move up his hill. The hill was created from the smooth curved piece in Kinetic Curved Hills Die Set
Adding the Kinetic Curved Basics Die Set allowed his movement.
I stamped the word "Geezer" on the pull tab just to add something extra.
As I put my pieces together for a test run, I decided to add some buildings.
What better then the curved row of houses in the Dash Away Clear Stamp Set. I masked off some and stamped in to make the row as long as the hill.
I sprayed my clouds with the torn kitchen towel technique and loved how it all went together.
But then, I had the final piece still waiting to be added.
Punching out two sets of the New Old Fart Large Word Die.
and with the smallest die from Hand Stitched Nested Rectangle Die Set, I cut out two simple white pieces of card stock. Then inserted a piece of black just slightly larger between them. Then glued one set of my New Old Fart Large Word Die letters on each side.



Here in the open view, you can see what I've now done with that rectangle piece.
I left a small rectangle up at the top when I cut the base and placed a notch up to the fold line.
Then I placed my rectangle inside to find where I needed to place my angled crease line.
Once I got it into place, I glued my inside base to the front base.
Now when my card is opened, my "Old Fart" pops up.
To finish off, I added a sentiment inside.

Below is the view from the front.



To see the whole thing in action, check out the video below.


That's all from me today.
Hope I gave you a giggle too.



Product links:

*NEW Old Geezer Clear Stamps*NEW Old Fart Large Word DieKinetic Curved Hills Die SetKinetic Curved Basics Die SetDash Away Clear StampsHand Stitched Nested Rectangles

No comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team