Are You An Ocean Child?


I'm having so much fun with all the great beachy themed products Whimsy Stamps has released the past couple of months.  Here is one of my favorite mermaid images from the Let's Be Mermaids clear stamp set.


I stamped the seaweed and bubbles on my main card base with Memento black ink and colored them with Copic markers.  I also used Copics to color in the sand and water in the background.  



The mermaid was stamped separately, colored with Copics and fussy cut (cut out by hand).


For the frame I used the Mermaid Scales stencil and sponged on some green and blue ink onto a full piece of card stock.  Then I cut out the opening using the largest oval from the Stitched Oval die set.  Now I have a leftover piece to use on another project later ;). 


The sentiment was stamped with Versafine black ink.  The mermaid was popped up on foam tape and tucked into the corner.  I left her foot and fin loose which creates  movement when you see the card in real life.


For the final touch I added some Glamour Dust (love) to the mermaid fin and the bubbles.  


Let's Be MermaidsMermaid Scales StencilBasic Stitched Ovals Die Set DecoArt® Glamour Dust
Memento Full-Size Ink Pad - Tuxedo BlackVersafine Full-Size Ink Pad - Onyx Black

I welcome you to come and visit my blog anytime...and I hope you are having a great summer!  
See you soon,




No comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team