3 cards with the Flower Puffs Background Set

Hi friends. Alanna here and I'm happy to be posting on the Whimsy blog. I have 3 cards to share with you today, all using the gorgeous Flower Puffs Background stamp. Note that all Whimsy Stamps products are linked and listed below.

For my first card, I made an alcohol ink background with various shades of reds, pinks and purples. I then heat embossed the Flower Puffs Background image onto my background, making sure it was completely dry.

I will mention that the Yupo paper which my background is on did want to curl and bend up with the heat embossing. This was attempt 2. I only applied the heat for a couple of seconds at a time, took the heat gun off, and then repeated this process. This left me with a panel that I could use and I absolutely love the way this turned out.

I finished off the card by stamping one of the sentiments from the Beaucoup Bouquet Sentiments stamp set onto a piece of red card stock that I die cut with one of the dies from the Card Builders Windows die collection.


For my second card today, I stamped the Flower Puffs Background onto a piece of white card stock. I then used the Bold ABC's die collection to spell out the word Thanks. I added each of the letters to some low tack tape to keep them together and then ran this through my Big Shot directly into my panel. 

I then ran the letter dies through my machine 4 more times. I colored the very first layer that I had cut out and stacked all the letters for an eclipse type card.

For my last card today, I started by stamping the Flower Puffs Background onto some water color card stock. This time, I colored the images by just scribbling some of my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers onto the panel. I then spritzed it with water and let it dry. I love the soft feeling of the watercolor.

I then did the same thing I did above with the Bold ABC dies but this time lined my letters up on two lines. I die cut my panel and then used the dies to die cut a piece of white fun foam to achieve the extra dimension.

I adhered the letters back on and that finishes off this eclipse/hidden sentiment card.


I hope I've inspired you to create with your background images. I'd love to hear if you have this Flower Puffs background stamp and how you have used it.   Crafty hugs!

1 comment

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team