Oh oh the Hokey Pokey...

Hey there lovely Whimsy Stamps fans, I'm sharing a gorgeous image with you today created by the incredibly talented Crissy Armstrong. Her designs are always so adorable. This super cutie is called Penguin Ice-cream. How sweet is this lil guy with his delicously melty ice-cream?!


I've used a lovely paper which was a generous freebie recently by Whimsy's own Denise Lynn. It was offered on the Whimsy Stamps Facebook page and if you're quick you might still be able to snap up these gorgeous papers plus a lovely sentiment too. I think the cool stripes add an 'Old Fashioned Ice-cream Parlour' feel to this creation. My hubby and daughter thought so (unprompted by me!), which I was so pleased to hear! I matted the paper and image with an orange cardstock that was a little too 'bright', so I turned them into a slightly more caramel orange by going around the edges with my YR23 Copic Marker to tone down the brightness of the paper. The sweet penguin was coloured with cool grey Copics and the rest of the image with an array of different Copic colours. You know I wish I took better note of which markers I used to colour the Hokey Pokey ice-cream now, as I got it looking pretty realistic! I think I used E50, E51 & E53 for the ice-cream and E55 for the Hokey Pokey. Remember you can get your Copic Markers right here at Whimsy Stamps now.


Never heard of Hokey Pokey you say? Hokey Pokey ice-cream is about as iconically 'Kiwi' as it gets. We've even had stamps featuring this classic Kiwi treat. So you know I had to colour up this wee penguin to be enjoying a Hokey Pokey flavoured ice-cream. It actually IS my absolute favourite ice-cream flavour in the whole wide world! I missed it like crazy the 13 years we lived in the UK.


Here's a little line-up of some classic 'Kiwiana'. This lil' ice-cream features front and centre in this icons of New Zealand postage stamp set from 1994.


I hope you enjoyed my first creation for the July New Digital Releases and the wee history lesson on Kiwiana and Icons of New Zealand. Bet you weren't expecting that now were you?! Hehe. Head on over to our Facebook page to catch up with all the awesome creations made by the rest of the Design Team and scroll through all the awesome inspiration here on the official Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Blog. Links to the products I've used for this creation are via the thumbnails below. Hugs and happy crafting xoxo


    


(I used the freebie orange striped paper, but this set has the yellow version, so lovely!)

You might also recognise the corner die I used from this older Whimsy Die set...
Classic Whimsy Stamps Corner Die ~ Out of Stock
(love using my classic older Whimsy stash)

1 comment

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team