Flower Puffs Shaker Card and a 'How-To'

Hello Whimsy Friends, it's Iris here today. On my card today I am using the fabulous and super versatile NEW Flower Puffs Background stamp. Aren't these blossoms just so lush? 



How-to:


I created the background by starting with some masking. I used Post-it tape to create a wonky rectangle shape on a panel of cold press watercolor paper. I then put down several layers with Distress Crayons (mustard seed and picked raspberry) and blended it with my fingers and just a little bit of water. After it had dried thoroughly I stamped the NEW Flower Puffs Background with VersaMark ink on top of the Distress Crayon background and heat embossed with white embossing powder.

I stamped the NEW Flower Puffs Background again onto cold press watercolor paper (smooth side) with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I colored one of the large flowers with distress inks (mustard seed and picked raspberry) and fussy cut it. I adhered the flower on top of the same flower image on the background using foam tape to create a 3D effect.

I added a small shaker element which I created with one of the NEW Shaker Maker Pennant Flag dies. I cut a small strip of white paper, stamped a birthday sentiment from the  Scripted Everyday Sentiments set and adhered one end to a small wooden decorative spool. I added the sentiment between the shaker element and the large cut out flower. Some white and clear sequins finish off my card.


Whimsy products used:


   *NEW Everyday Scripted Sentiments   Morning Glow Sequin Pack    VersaMark Full-Size Ink Pad - Original (Clear)    VersaFine CLAIR Ink Pad - Nocturne (black)    *NEW Shaker Maker Pennant Flags Die SetDistress Ink - Mini Ink Pad Kit 1   White Embossing Powder



Thanks for stopping by today!

Hugs,

1 comment

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team