~ Wolf Stamp, Two Ways by Nicolette ~

Hello Whimsy Stamp Fans!

Today I am sharing with you two different ways to color the Wolf Head Stamp from Whimsy Stamp's newest release.   I love being able to take one stamp and totally create two totally different looks. This stamp is super easy to color as the shading areas are already marked where they need to be.



For my first card, I decided to make an elegant masculine birthday card in my favorite color combination, black and white.  I embossed the white panel using Whimsy's Sun Rays Stencil.  The picture below gives you a better look at how embossing this panel really elevates this card.  I added some foliage die cuts using Whimsy's Leaf Foliage 2 Die Set.  This set has a lot of great foliage dies but this die is my favorite. 



Coloring the wolf's eyes blue really brings him to life.  I love how stunning this card turned out!

Whimsy Stamps Products ~

~ Copics ~
Wolf:  W00 W1 W3 W5
Nose:  W0 W1 W3 W5 W7 W9
Eyes:  B91 B93 B95

~ Misc. ~
Silver Rhinestone

For my second card, I decided to design a card that reminded me of those cool wolf shirts you see at gas stations when you travel.  This card would not only be perfect for halloween but a boy's birthday. I know this, because when my grandson saw this card he goes, "This looks so cool, how did you do that!  Best compliment ever!!!



I embossed the grapevine looking arch from the Howling Night's Clear Stamp Set with WOW!'s Ebony Embossing Powder.  I think this stamp is creepy cool and I love how it helped bring my vision to life.



I added Clear Wink of Stella to the stars.  It's hard to tell in the picture how shimmery they really are but trust me, it adds twinkly goodness to the night sky.  I decided to color the wolf's eyes yellow in this design.  I think it makes them look piercing and like he's peering deep into my soul.

Whimsy Stamp Products ~

*NEW Wolf Head Rubber Stamp
*NEW Wolf Head Rubber Cling Stamp

Howling Night Clear Stamp Set
Howling Night Clear Stamps

Shaker Maker Rectangle Die Set
Shaker Maker Rectangle Die Set

Shaker Maker Combo Die Set
Shaker Maker Combo Die Set

Wink of Stella Brush - Clear
Wink of Stella Brush - Clear

~ Copics ~
Wolf:  BG10 Y15 YR15 YR18 R14
Nose:  W00 W0 W1 W3 W5 W7 W9
Eyes:  Y11 Y15 YR23

~ Misc. ~
WOW! Ebony Embossing Powder
Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink Pad
Evergreen Distress Ink Pad
Peacock Feathers Distress Ink Pad
Broken China Distress Ink Pad
Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink Pad
Black Soot Distress Ink Pad

**I participate in Whimsy Stamp's affiliate program.  That means I receive a commission when products are purchased through links here on my blog. (At NO additional cost to you).  This allows me to be able to make more projects to share and hopefully inspire you!  From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate your support!!!

Happy Stamping!

1 comment

  1. Amazing cards and your coloring of the Wolfs are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team