Ellie's Bauble

Hi Everyone, it's Faye here today :)

It pains me to say it, but, Christmas is around the corner. Fear not though, Whimsy Stamps has already started releasing images to tempt even the most Bah Humbuggy of crafters into creating for the Big Day!

I saw Ellie's Bauble and needed to colour her instantly, she's that kind of girl!



So, with Copics at the ready, I started with the snow. When I colour an image, I always start with the things that are the lightest colour... I don't want to accidentally pull any of a darker colour into something I have coloured in a pale shade. With that in mind, I did the hat trim too.


I did the sky next, but carefully, because I was using Colourless Blender Various Ink and sponge to create all the texture, and I didn't want it to flood into the snow. I could have used a mask, but, I'm a lazy colourist! Ssssh, it's a secret, obviously, I used a mask, because that's the kind of girl I am. Ahem!


After all that, I just needed to colour Ellie, her hat, some trees, add some glitter and a sentiment (Everyday Scripted Sentiments, thanks for asking) and the job is done. I love it when a plan comes together.

Copics Used... 
 Sky; B37, B39, BV08, Various Ink - Colourless Blender
 Snow; B0000, C0, C1
Trees; G94, G99, T3, T5, T7
Eyes; B60, B63
Ellie; T0, T1, T3
Pink; R00, R30, E70
Gold; Y26, YR24, YR27
Red; R43, R35, R37, R39, RV69

Goodies Used...

*NEW Ellie's Bauble Rubber Cling Stamp Everyday Scripted Sentiments Clear Stamps

Thanks so much for stopping by... Have a great day.

2 comments

  1. Amazing coloring job...thanks for explaining your procedure. The image is even cuter set in the scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely adorable. I love this sweet image. Your coloring is so pretty. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team