Special Guest - Michelle Bala

Hello there!
I am so excited to be a Guest Designer for 
Whimsy Stamps this month!!!!
I created two cards, and I used the stamp sets Candy Corn Dress Up and Going Batty
I also used some dies, Kinetic Curved Hills and Tombstone Tag.
And, of course a stencil, Sun Rays!


I started off by inking up some watercolor cardstock. 
For the night time sky I used distress oxide inks in shades 
tumbled glass, mermaid lagoon, and chipped sapphire. 
Than I placed the Sun Rays Stencil over the cardstock and 
brushed on some white ink. I added a few splashes of water.
For the field I used crushed olive, mowed lawn, and forest moss 
and added a few splashes of water and paint splatter.
  I die cut the field using Kinetic Curved Hills.
I die cut the tombstone with the Tombstone Tag Dies and
used hickory smoke and black soot to color it.
I wrote RIP with a gel pen.


I colored up the Candy Corn Dressup cuties with Copic Markers in these shades: 
W0, W1, W3, Y15, Y17, YR04, YR07
V12, V17, C1, C2, C5, C7
E25, and E29.
For the wood fence I used Wo, W2, W4, and W6.
I heat embossed the sentiments.
I added some shimmer using clear stickles.


For this next card I inked up the Sun Rays Stencil using wilted violet,
fossilized amber, and twisted citron.
Then splattered the same inks onto the background.


I colored the images from Going Batty with Copic Markers in the following shades:
V12, V17, Y13, Y17, YG21, YG25
BG11, E31, E33, W00, W1, W6
E70, E71, E74, E79, E93, W00, W1.
I used hickory smoke to create a base.
I added some clear stickles for shimmer and some sequins.

I hope you enjoyed this post!
Thanks for stopping by!!!

Michelle

Candy Corn Dress Up Clear Stamps Going Batty Clear Stamps Tombstone Tag Die Set
Kinetic Curved Hills Die Set Sun Rays Stencil

9 comments

  1. I just purchased both of the stamp sets so I was excited to see your cards. They are fabulous and gave me great ideas for my own Halloween cards. Your coloring is outstanding! Thank you for sharing your talent with blogland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn! I hope you share what you create!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, these cards are amazing!! Gorgeous backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards. I love the Wing of Bat. Oh my, that cracks me up. [Bunny]``

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards! I really love the candy corn designs... so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team