Spring Flowers with Shy Ann!



Hello and Happy Sunday!  I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

My post today is a card I made on a warm, sunny, spring-like day.  I'm posting it to try and lure that weather back this way!  I always have fun working with "Shy Ann" by Katie Sowa for the Mythical Collection.  I love her in yellow :)  She is colored with Copics and gold Stickles.  The color palette I went with symbolizes the change of colors you see from dull to bright when the new growth begins.  The inspiration for the color palette is actually the background "paper," which is a paper napkin.  I had originally bought the napkins to do the felted cardstock technique, but it wasn't working.  I love the pattern so much that I just used it as if it was paper.  I distressed the edges to hide the imperfections while cutting :) The sentiment is from the "Spring Stepping" set by Crissy Armstrong. 

I really hope you like this project and let's ALL hope the Spring "Gods" heed the call and bring back the warm weather to stay!

Have a great rest of the weekend!
Janna

2 comments

  1. Super card Janna! What an ace idea to use a paper napkin - I would never have known! Gorgeous colouring ... and I love Shy-Ann in yellow too! Hugs, Simonne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Janna! I love the yellow and the pretty details. Fabu idea with the napkin too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team