Special Guest - Karen Reategui


Hello, dear friends! It's Karen Reategui, and I’m so happy and excited be a Guest Designer for Whimsy Stamps. I love Christmas time, so it was a pleasure to play with these awesome stamps and dies. For these cards I’m featuring the Candy Cane Lane Stamp and Slimline Scallop Die.


Let’s begin! I started by stamping the images using VersaFine ink and heat embossed them with WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder. Then, I colored all images using Copic markers and die cut them with my Scan N Cut machine.


On a piece of kraft paper I die cut snow as a background and glued this panel to a white card card base. Next, I die cut a snow hill and adhered to the kraft background using foam tape.


Finally, I stamped the sentiment Merry Christmas from The Nutcracker Stamp by Whimsy Stamps onto a piece of red cardstock and heat embossed it with WOW! Opaque Bright White embossing powder. I arranged the images on top of the hill and added the sentiment. As a final touch, I added some details with a gel pen and this card was finished.



For my next card, I again stamped images from Candy Cane Lane using VersaFine ink and heat embossed them with WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder. Then, I colored all images using Copic markers and die cut them with my Scan N Cut machine.


I die cut a piece of patterned paper using the Slimline Scallop Die. I adhered this piece to a white card panel and added a red card base at the back.


I arranged the images and stamped the sentiment using VersaFine ink and heat embossed it with WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder.

Thanks for joining me today!
~Karen

Candy Cane Lane Clear StampsSlimline Scallop Die

2 comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team