Special Guest - Adelle Emery

Hello, friends. Adelle here again with my second project for Whimsy Stamps. Today, I am sharing a Christmas card made with the adorable Santa's Train stamp set. There are so many adorable train cars to choose from that you could have quite the long card if you choose to use them all.


I used (a lot of) Copic markers to make this card. I was going to ink a background, but as soon as I stamped the steam coming from the train I realized I’d try something different (for me) and do it with Copics. That, and the thought of cutting masks for the steam made me dizzy. I really like how it turned out!


First, I stamped the train and cars on a panel of white cardstock. Then, I chose (again, a lot) of Copic markers to color the scene.

Copics: R39, R29, R24, R22 (Reds), YG67, YG17, YG25, YG23 (Greens), Y28, Y18, Y15, Y13 (Yellows), E55, E53, E47, E49 (Browns), E97, E21, E00, R32 (Skin), B26, B24, B12 (Blues for presents), and B6, B4, B2, B1, B00, B0000 (Blues for sky).


After coloring, I added a track for the train, some connectors for the cars, and then I cut the panel down and popped it up on a white card base. I also added stars in the sky with a white gel pen and stamped a sentiment from the set in black.
Thanks for having me as a guest!
~Adelle

No comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team