Special Guest - Adelle Emery

Hi crafters, Adelle here. I’m excited to be guest designing for Whimsy Stamps with a couple of projects I’ll be sharing in the upcoming weeks. I adored so many of the illustrations from the latest release it was hard to choose, but I had to go with this flamingo on skis from the Winter Sports stamp set. It’s so cute!


I wanted to do a night scene and to begin I stamped the flamingo on a panel of white cardstock as well as on some masking paper. I cut out the mask and then colored the flamingo using Copic markers.
Copic colors: R00, R11, R32, R22, R24. C3, C5, C7, C9. B99, B97, B95.
After coloring, I applied the flamingo mask onto the cardstock and then I cut out a hill from masking paper and applied it to where the hill would be so that I could ink the sky. After finishing the sky, I took the remaining piece of masking paper and applied it over the sky so I could ink the snow hill.

To finish the card I used a white gel pen for stars in the sky and stamped a sentiment from the Winter Sports stamp set. I cut down the panel and popped it up on a card base with foam tape.

A big thank you to Whimsy Stamps for sharing their wonderful products and having me as a guest designer.

2 comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team