The Gift of Christmas

Hey Whimsy fans, I'm excited to be sharing with you today, a brand new range to Whimsy Stamps! Whimsy has recently taken on the CC Designs range of Rustic Sugar digital images and I for one am absolutely delighted as I LOVE these sweet images. I've chosen to create a Christmas Gift Bag with this sweet image.


The bag is quite a large size, 28cm x 21cm and was a plain red base with kraft handles. It's not 'new' as I'm all about recycling! It was a gift bag one of the kiddies got last year, so I kept it, especially as it was plain and would make such a great base! So I get extra satisfaction from being able to pretty up and reuse/upcycle an old gift bag.


This sweet image is one of my favourites from this newly released range. I think this wee elf is just so cute! I kept the colours very simple focusing on the traditional Christmas colours of red, green and white with a touch of sparkly silver.


Here's a closer peek at the elements used in this creation. I've added a paper with stripey Christmas colours to create the main background element and then layered over top a pretty red paper with a soft sheen to it and a square diecut from soft green card. I added a doily behind the image and then adhered the layers to the bag base with strong double sided wonder tape.


To finish off this design I used a lovely diecut Poinsettia, which was cut with a fabulous Whimsy Stamps die set. I've used a pretty paper with a lovely satin sheen to it and in reality it's absolutely lush. I topped off the Poinsettia with the little diecut centre from the set and finished it with a gold flatback pearl in the centre.


Click through to the store on the banner above to see the latest Digital New Release. You can also click 'here' to see the Rubber and Dies Release. There really is the most fabulous selection of images this month and some wonderful new ranges. So be sure to visit both sections to see it all. I hope you enjoyed your visit to the Whimsy Blog today, hugs and happy crafting xoxo




No comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team