Special Guest - Anika Mercier

Hello, Whimsy friends!  Today we welcome Anika Mercier back to the Whimsy blog!


 Hi Everyone, I'm excited to be back with my second card as a guest designer for Whimsy Stamps this month. When I was asked to guest design I knew I had to use one of my favorite stamps sets of all time - Whimsy Stamps' Bunny Balloons 2. Well, I actually snuck in two of my favorite stamp sets since I also used Whimsy Stamps' Bunny Balloons. These adorable bunny images just make me so happy!

Images

To start, I stamped two of the images from Bunny Balloons 2 and one image from Bunny Balloons onto Strathmore's Bristol Smooth cardstock with VersaFine Clair's Nocturne ink and then heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. Next, I colored the images using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers in the following colors: Gray Brown, Gray Tint, and Pale Pink for the bunnies; Almond Pink, Lilac, Green Shadow, and Shadow Mauve for the balloons.

 

Background Details

For the focal panel, I wanted to create a sense of sky so I lightly went around the left and bottom sides of the bunnies with the Light Blue Zig Clean Color Real Brush Marker. I love the soft, added depth this gives the card. Once the watercoloring had dried, I ran the focal panel through my die cut machine with a stitched rectangle die.

 

Sentiment

To create the sentiment, I stamped one from Whimsy Stamps' Bunny Balloons 2 stamp set directly into the focal panel using VersaFine Clair's Nocturne ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. There are several other really cute sentiments in both of these stamp sets. I hope you enjoyed the card. Thanks for stopping by!

Thank you, Anika, for this adorable inspiration!  
To see more of Anika's work, please visit her blog or Instagram account.







2 comments

  1. Super CUTE, thank you for being our special guest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! Love your soft coloring! Thanks for guest-designing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team