Special Guest - Ashley Ebben

Hello, Whimsy fans!  Today we welcome the talented Ashley Ebben back to the Whimsy blog, and we know you're going to love the beautiful card she is sharing with us!


Hello friends! I am back on the Whimsy Stamps blog today for my second post as a guest designer! One of my favorite things in the world to do is read. So when I saw the Mermaid Escape stamp in the store, I knew I had to use that reading mermaid!


I started by blending Distress Oxide inks in Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, and Mermaid Lagoon onto white cardstock. I then took the waves stamp from Splash and stamped it up the background in the coordinating Distress Oxide color, masking as I went. I love the soft pattern this gave my water! I splattered some shimmer ink and white acrylic paint across the whole piece for a bubbly effect. For more bubbles, I cut the Slimline Connected Bubbles die from vellum and added it to the background. I then added the background to a piece of Blurry Flurries paper in a similar color scheme to finish the watery look.


I stamped several images from Mermaid Escape in Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink and colored with Copics. The mermaid got a sparkly rainbow tail at the request of my three year old daughter :) I fussy cut the images out and added them to the card to make an underwater paradise. I stamped the sentiment onto navy cardstock with VersaMark ink and embossed with white. I added it to the card with some foam tape, then finished with a sprinkling of iridescent jewels for extra sparkle.


Thank you so much to Whimsy Stamps for having me, and thanks to you for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!


Thank you, Ashley, for another gorgeous creation!  

To see more of Ashley's work, be sure to visit her blog and Instagram account.







1 comment

  1. Super CUTE card Ashley, love how you used the bubbles die. Thank you for being our special guest :)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team