Penguin Slider Card

Hello, Whimsy fans!  It's Andrea with you today, sharing a fun, interactive card.


How adorable are those penguins?!  They're from the new Penguin Slides stamp set by Crissy Armstrong.  I stamped them with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, colored them with Copics, and cut them out with my ScanNCut. 


For the sky I inked up a panel of Bristol Smooth paper with Peacock Feathers distress ink.  I flicked on some water droplets for interest.  Using the Kinetic Curved Basics Die Set, I die-cut a track for my slider in the background.  


I used the Kinetic Curved Hills Die Set to die-cut the snowy hill and stamped a sentiment from Penguin Slides with Versafine Onyx Black ink.  After assembling my slider (you can watch a video here to learn how these dies work), I adhered the background to a white card with foam tape.  I used a black pen to draw the arrow on the pull tab (created with the No-See Kinetic Basics Die Set) to let the recipient know what to do.


I added some shading to the snow before popping up the penguin in the foreground with foam tape.  The sun and cloud were die-cut with the Up in the Clouds Die Set.  I inked up the sun with Mustard Seed and Wild Honey distress ink before layering the pieces together and flicked on some water.  I finished with some Nuvo Glitter Drops in Aquatic Mist.

Have a great day!

*NEW Penguin Slides Rubber Cling Stamp Kinetic Curved Hills Die Set Kinetic Curved Basics Die Set No-See Kinetic Basics Die Set
*NEW Up in the Clouds Die Set 

2 comments

  1. So adorable Andrea! Love these cuties and your kinetic design is FABULOUS! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gosh, this is just stinkin' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team