Penguin with Star - special guest - Kathy Tanner

Hi, it's Kathy here with my last Guest Design Team card for Whimsy Stamps.
I have really loved working with Whimsy again!!!
Such awesome products to play with and such awesome people to work with too :)

For my last card I chose to use this super adorable stamp by Lee Holland called Penguin With Star.




I think this penguin is a soft, fluffy one, perhaps he's just a chick?  
So I decided to colour him a soft warm grey.
I used Copics to colour the penguin and tree and cut them out.

Then I created my background.
I used Distress Inks and sponged on some Shaded Lilac, Peacock Feathers, Faded Jeans and Black Soot,  Then I splashed some water on top.

I used some Ranger Texture Paste with the Star Dangle Stencil to create the beautiful stars and I added some extra dots of "snow" with a gel pen.

I added a little Wink of Stella to the star the penguin is holding.

For the snowy ground I just tore some strips of white card which I think give a nice soft snow effect.

Copics Used :

R 22, 24, 27
YR 14, 16, 18
Y 15
B 0000
W 00, 1, 3, 5
G 21, 24, 82
YG 13
E 31, 37, 39


It is extremely rare for me not to use a sentiment on a card but I was just happy with the way this card looked without one.

This little penguin is just so sweet and I loved colouring him.
He made me realise that I need some more Lee Holland stamps :)

Thanks for dropping by

Kathy



1 comment

  1. Your penguin card is precious! I love all the soft and sparkly touches. Thank you for explaining how you achieved all the fabulous effects.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team