Tuesday Tutorial - Creating Soft Backgrounds with Dies

Hey there! Tricia here with you today, I am sharing with you today how to create a soft background for a Slimline card.   I created a homemade stencil using the Primitive Shaker die.  


First, I started by using some Post It Note Tape to create my grassy area.   I lightly inked an area with Twisted Citron ink.   



Next, I created a stencil with vellum cardstock and the Primitive Shaker Die set.  I move the vellum around to add soft pink hearts across the Slimline Card Builder panel using Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink.  Using vellum allows you to see underneath when placing the hearts randomly around the panel. 


Next, I colored my stamped images from Crittercorns with my Copic Markers: 

W8, W6, W5, YG17, YG03, YG01
 RV25, RV13, RV09,
 YR04, YR09, Y11, Y18, BG11, BG53,
 RV10, RV00, E40, E41, E42, E43

I stamped a sentiment from Hello Bear and stacked them on top of one another.  I added my images to the panel with some foam tape.   I added some final details with a white gel pen.  I layered the panel onto a kraft card base.   


Take a look at your dies and see what you can use to create a stencil!   Thanks for stopping by! 





4 comments

  1. The DIY stencil created a sweet backdrop for your cute panda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute with this panda and pretty heart background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great little scene for a slimline card! It fills the space without being too complicated to make

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team