Whimsy Stamps and Therm O Web Collaboration Day 3 - Kerys



Whimsy Stamps and Therm O Web are teaming up once again for a fabulous week of inspiration and prizes! Be sure to visit both blogs all week long for some amazing ideas and to enter to win!

Here are the cards I created.


I began by using Rina K Design Glitz Glitter Gels from Thermoweb onto some matching colored cardstock from my stash. I used the Hello Yellow and the Screamin Green Glitz Glitter Gels on yellow and green cardstock - I then set them aside to dry.

I used Whimsy Stamps Shaker Maker Rectangles die set to create the white frame and inside piece, cutting it from a piece of white cardstock measuring 4" x 5.25". 

I used Rina K Designs Electro Pop Ink in Blaring Blue, along with Whimsy Stamps Swish stencil, to create a wave effect on some blue cardstock from my stash. I also used the same Blaring Blue ink to create a cloud background, using the Whimsy Stamps Grass and Cloud Edger Dies to create a stencil.

I stamped the hippo and sentiment from the Hippo Beach Fun stamp set. I colored in the image with my Prismacolor pencils, added white gel pen detailing and fussy cut him out. I used Whimsy Stamps Quick Strips die to cut out the sentiment banner.

Once the glitter gel was dry, I used the Build-an-Island die set to cut out the palm tree and beach from the yellow and green glitter cardstocks and a piece of white cardstock. I colored in the tree trunk and pieced together the island. I added this behind the white frame. I popped up the hippo and frame on foam tape.


For my second card, I used Rina K Designs Neon Flock sheets in Hello Yellow. I started with stamping Whimsy Stamps Galaxy Galore background stamp in VersaMark Watermark ink onto some black cardstock. I then used Ranger's sticky embossing powder. Once heat set, this is a sticky print that allows you to adhere foil and flock to it - I ran it through my Gemini Jr to ensure it stuck properly. I love how it turned out!

I used Whimsy Stamps Film Strip die and cut it out of white cardstock. I adhered the galaxy background behind it.

I stamped out the images using Whimsy Stamps A Boy's Dream stamp set and colored them in with my Prismacolor pencils. I then fussy cut them out.

I stamped the sentiment from A Boy's Dream stamp set, using the Rina K Designs Electro Pop Ink in Blaring Blue, onto one of the windows that came out of the film strip die. I popped this panel up on foam tape and added some enamel dots from my stash.  I added the film strip panel onto a white slimline card base and added all the images to finish it off.

Two super fun cards using products from Therm-o-web and Whimsy Stamps - a great combination.

Each company is giving away two $25 gift certificates - 1 on the Whimsy blog and 1 on the Therm O Web blog. To increase your chances of winning, leave a comment on each of the collaboration posts on both blogs. Comments must be left by Monday, July 19th at midnight EST, and winners will be randomly-selected and announced on Wednesday, July 21st.
 Thanks for looking and happy crafting x

   Swish Stencil - Whimsy Stamps Grass and Cloud Edger Die Set Hippo Beach Fun Clear Stamps Quick Strips Die Set Build-an-Island Die Set  Galaxy Galore Background Rubber Cling Stamp *NEW Slimline Film Strip Die - Whimsy Stamps A Boy's Dream Clear Stamps - Whimsy StampsShaker Maker Rectangle Die Set - Whimsy Stamps

18 comments

  1. Wow. These are so fun! I have the electro pop flock in the hot pink but have yet to use it. Thanks for the inspiration. Awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards! Love the beachy dies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous designs, so fresh and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun scenes on these cards! Love the images and the sparkle of the glitter gel! Great slimline die too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute. I love the slim line card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cards. I like the slimline one. These dies are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun cards..love the beach scene and that great slimline die.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADORABLE! I LOVE the hippo and darling alien scene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card designs. I like the sparkly palm trees and the galaxy background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marisela Delgado said: super cute hippo and cards! I love slimline cards! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such fun and wonderful cards. Well done!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute. Will have to check out that slimline die!

    ReplyDelete
  13. these cards are adorable - LOVE the first one - great sentiment:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. THE HIPPO CARD IT TOO FUNNNY!! I need this stamp set, for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are adorable! Love the electro-pop colors for the cute scenes you've created.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team