Whimsy Stamps and Therm O Web Collaboration Day 5 - Andrea


Welcome to the last day of the Whimsy Stamps-Therm O Web Collaboration!  There has been some amazing inspiration from both teams all week, and we hope you've enjoyed every bit of it!  Be sure to leave comments on all of the collaboration posts for both teams as each company is giving away a $25 gift certificate on both blogs - for a combined $100 in prizes!


The colors of the Rina K. Designs Electro-Pop Neon Enamel remind me of the colors in a coral reef, so I decided to use them with the Baby Sea Creatures set to make some underwater scenes.  I just love how these turned out!  For both cards I colored the sea critters with Zig Real Brush Markers.


My first card also features the Slimline Film Strip Die, which I die-cut from black cardstock.  For the background I recycled a distress-ink piece rejected for another project.  I adhered the black frame to my background with thin strips of foam tape and attached it to a white card with ScorTape.


The way I used the Enamel Transfer Sheets is probably the easiest method for applying them.  I removed the backing from one side of a Deco Foil Foam Adhesive Sheet and covered it with a piece of enamel trimmed to size.  I then die-cut the foam-backed enamel with the Build-an-Ocean Dies.  For my first card, I used the following colors of enamel: Hello Yellow, Orange Glow, and Screamin' Green.  Not only are the colors perfect for an underwater scene, they're also shiny, thereby emphasizing the watery feel.

I filled in my background with the die-cut shapes and adhered my colored images with foam tape.  I stamped a sentiment from Baby Sea Creatures onto a banner die-cut with the Quick Strips Dies and popped it up with dimensional adhesive.  I finished the card with a scattering of Boo Sparkletz.


I had some leftover die-cuts, so I decided to make a second card (In addition to the enamels mentioned above, I also used Poppin' Pink for this card.).  Besides, I couldn't leave out that adorable sea turtle!  To frame that cutie patootie, I stamped the Seashells Background onto white cardstock and then die-cut the panel with the Pierced and Stitched Circles Dies.  I taped two of the circle dies together and die-cut another piece of cardstock to create the frame.


For my background I first blended with the following colors of distress inks: Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Broken China, and Chipped Sapphire.  I sprayed the back of the Making Waves Stencil with Pixie Spray (I love using the spray to hold stencils in place, especially intricate ones), placed the stencil over my background and blended with the same colors again.  I then placed the Ocean Stencil (again, sprayed with Pixie Spray) and used a palette knife to spread Transfer Gel Blanco.  Once the gel was fully dry, I placed a piece of Hello Yellow Enamel Transfer Sheet over it and ran the panel through my laminator.


After adhering my background to a square card with ScorTape, I affixed the stamped frame with foam tape.  I layered some enamel-coated die-cuts onto my card.  Because the Foam Adhesive Sheets are sticky on both sides, I dusted the backs of portions of the die-cuts with corn starch (embossing powder or baby powder also works) so that I could add bits of foam adhesive behind them.  I heat-embossed a sentiment from Baby Sea Creatures onto a banner die-cut with the Quick Strips Dies and finished with a few Boo Sparkletz.

Thanks for stopping by!



Now, for the prizes!!!
Each company is giving away two $25 gift certificates - 1 here on the Whimsy blog and 1 on the Therm O Web blog. To increase your chances of winning, leave a comment on each of the collaboration posts on both blogs. Comments must be left by Monday, July 19th at midnight EST, and winners will be randomly-selected and announced on Wednesday, July 21st.


Baby Sea Creatures Clear StampsBuild-an-Ocean Die Set*NEW Slimline Film Strip DieQuick Strips Die SetSeashell Background Rubber Cling StampPierced and Stitched Circles Die SetMaking Waves StencilOcean StencilSparkletz - Boo



19 comments

  1. Such adorable arcs! Love the colors and the water scenes. The critters are so cute...
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these adorable Baby Sea Creatures! Sweet cards with beautiful coloring of the images and backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww these sea cards are just too cute - love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baby sea creatures are just darling. Lovely designs and palettes on these fun cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the baby sea creatures and the vibrant colors in the cards. The are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. THE CREATURES ARE SO CUTE!!!!!!! And they look just adorable with the BRIGHT colors!!!! I LOVE THESE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours, adorable and beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are ADORABLE SEA SCENES! I love the bright colors

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG those underwater creatures are just soooooo cute! I love the slimline filmstrip die.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors on both and the filmstrip die.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so beautiful, wonderful work and the sea scenes are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card has so many fun elements! I am getting so many great idead for using both the Filmstrip die the thermoweb neon supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great set of cards very nice

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marisela Delgado said: love that neon! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team