Whimsy Stamps & Thermoweb Collaboration Day 3 - Alanna


Hi friends - Alanna here with a few fun projects to share. I'm super excited that Whimsy Stamps and Therm o Web have teamed up this week. Be sure to visit both blogs all week long for a ton of creative ideas and to win some great prizes.

For my first card today, I started by die cutting the Lattice A2 die from some card stock to use as a stencil. I then added some Deco Foil Transfer Gel over top of my homemade stencil. I let this dry for a couple of hours and then I used the Poppin' Pink Enamel Sheets to create my background. These enamel sheets are so much fun to work with. You can't tell in the photo but the background has this raised enamel finish. Think of your enamel dots in your stash - very similar to this.

I then die cut this panel with one of the dies from the Rounded Rectangles die collection

I stamped and cut out the large butterfly from the beautiful Butterflies set. I added it to my background panel and then added a sentiment strip with some foam tape.

For my second card, I started by stamping my card base directly with the Scratchy Plaid Background stamp. I love the fun texture this gives.

I then decided to cut some strips of white card stock which I then added some of the Poppin' Pink Glitz Glitter Gel over top of. I let these dry and then added them to a piece of grey card stock at an angle. I trimmed up the sides and then stamped my sentiment which is the same one I used above.

This panel was popped up with foam tape for added dimension.

My last card features the same design as my first card except this time, I used the Poppin' Pink Glitz Glitter Gel again through my homemade stencil using the Lattice A2 die.

I stamped the same large butterfly from the Butterflies set, trimmed it out and colored it with some bright Copic markers. Again, I stamped the same sentiment as I used on the other cards and popped it up with some foam tape.




Each company is giving away two $25 gift certificates. One on the Whimsy Blog and one on the Therm O Web blog.  To increase your changes of winning, leave a comment on each of the collaboration posts on both blogs. 

Comments must be left by Monday, July 19th at midnight EST.  Winners will be randomly selected and announced on Wednesday, July 21st.

I hope you've been inspired. Crafty hugs! ~ Alanna

13 comments

  1. These are so cute and provide creative new ideas for card makers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh these are so pretty. Love the butterflies.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cards! Love these background ideas! Beautiful butterfly design too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these colors are awesome - so vibrant and fun - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome Alanna! Love that pop of hot pink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bright pink is so pretty paired with the neutrals on the first two cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable cards! Love the bright colors...
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card designs. I like the butterfly cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marisela Delgado said: I love butterflies! So beautiful! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colorful butterfly looks very pretty. I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These neon colors really bring the designs to life. Can't decide what to try first, sparkly gel or enamel sheets!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team