Chickadee & Berries with Alanna

Hi friends. Alanna here and I'm featuring the gorgeous Chickadee and Berries set from the DoveArt lineup of stamps.  I love this image so much and all the detail in it.  

And it's that detail that allows for it to be colored up so easily.  For my card today, I stamped the image and then used the new Karin Brushmarker PRO markers to color it in.  I learned about these from my friend Iris and was so pleased to get my hands on them.

Note that I did stamp the image onto Strathmore Mixed Media paper as I've gotten the best results with that. These markers glide on so smoothly and are so highly pigmented. They were super fun to work with and I've been trying them out on other projects as well.

Whimsy Stamps just started carrying the full range of these markers individually so it's great if you want to just pick up a few of them to try them out.

For my card, I used the following colors:

After my coloring was done, I trimmed down the panel and added it to a black mat piece of card stock.  I heat embossed the sentiment which is from the Sleepy Sloths stamp set, trimmed it down and added it with some adhesive foam squares.  Some aqua gems finish off this card.

Here's a closeup of this gorgeous image.

I hope you've been inspired. Crafty hugs! ~ Alanna


1 comment

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team