31 Nighs of Halloween - Night 19 - Special Guest Jen Shults




Hi, everyone! It's Jen Shults with you this evevning, and I am so excited to be joining in the Whimsy Stamps 31 Nights of Halloween. I had SO MUCH FUN playing with their super fun Halloween stamps! They are adorable and great for some good, solid, coloring practice!

Argh! Handmade card by Jen Shults using Whimsy Stamps Dragon Costume

As soon as I saw the Dragon Costume stamp, I knew exactly which stamp I was going to use first for the 31 Nights of Halloween. THIS STAMP!!! It's so so cute and so much fun to color. I stamped him on white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored him with Copics. I fussy cut the image and set him aside. To make the background I first started by brush blending purple ink on white cardstock, fading to the middle. I then used a polka dot stencil to ink blend the dots over the top with the same purple ink. Wanting to keep it simple so the image would shine, I popped the image up on foam tape and added the sentiment (from the same stamp set) popped up on foam tape and embellished with some clear acrylic dots.


For more amazing projects and ideas from Whimsy Stamps and their Design Team, as well as Guest Designers, follow Whimsy Stamps on the following Social Media Platforms:
 Whimsy Stamps LLC Facebook Page 

Here are details of the supplies I have used in creating this card project: 

 
Thank you, Jen, for that adorable card! We will see you back here tomorrow night for more Halloween fun. In the meantime be sure you've entered our GRAND PRIZE DRAWING below.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

16 comments

  1. Your coloring of this trick or treater is amazing! Love the bright colors and the way the main image really pops against the purple bg. Fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Love the images and your coloring is awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute. I love Halloween cards! AND Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWW this little guy is adorable - great coloring

    ReplyDelete
  5. ARGH-some card!
    LOVE your BOO-tiful image and AWESOME colouring, your inky background is FABULOUS too - WOW!
    Thank You for sharing and INSPIRING :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just adore pairing green and purple especially for Halloween. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great color combo and awesome coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The coloring on this is amazing! Thank you for being a terrific special guest for us Jen :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card. I think I would have loved this costume when I was younger. Heck, I'd still wear it. [Bunny]`

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great coloring on this card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Arrrgh, this is awesome!! The Dragon costume is fantastically colored and I really like the purple handmade polka dot paper! Fantastically-scary work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome. I love how you created the background. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh...such a ferocious dragon! So absolutely adorable!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team