Just Keep Swimming Ocean Scene Card

Happy Thursday! I hope you have been having a great week! This is Jeanette and I am sharing a fun sea creature card with you today! I was able to incorporate a lot of the sea-themed items that have been released recently!


The card-base is a standard A2 size.  I then cut out an A2 sized panel and centered the larger die in the Wavy Nested Frames Die Set over it and cut out the shape.  I mounted the panel over top my card-base using some foam tape.  This raised it slightly and creates a window effect.

I used the inside shape to create an ocean scene.  I first sponged Tumbled Glass Distress ink over the entire surface as a base.  I then placed the Making Waves Stencil  over top and sponged on Mermaid Lagoon.  I then popped this into the opening using regular adhesive. I wanted this to be inset.

I die-cut some of the awesome shapes in the Build-an-Ocean Die Set out of some plain white card-stock.  I added them into the frame to fill it in a little.



The cute critters were colored with various Copic Markers and then adhered into my little ocean scene.  I have listed the markers used below :) I did add a few white accents dots onto the sea-critters as an added highlight.

The sentiment is from set and was added to the front of the card using some crisp black ink.


*NEW Baby Sea Creatures Clear Stamps

*NEW Build-an-Ocean Die Set

Wavy Nested Frames Die Set

Making Waves Stencil

Distress Ink Mini Pad - Tumbled Glass

Distress Ink Mini Pad - Mermaid Lagoon

Crafty Foam Tape White


Turtle: YG00, YG03, YG61, YG63, YG67
Jelly-fish: RV11, RV14, RV17, RV19
Star-fish: YR30, YR21, YR24

That is it! I hope this card made you smile and has given you a wee bit of inspiration!
Thanks for stopping by!




1 comment

  1. I really like the colors and the contrast. The blue and white make the ocean babies really pop in your cute scene! Such fun in the water. A great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team