4 Encouragement Cards

Hi Whimsy fans. Did you all see the 3 new sets that were released a couple of weeks ago to help support those suffering from Cancer and those who give support?

Unfortunately, it's a fact of life that most of us, if not all of us, will have Cancer affect our lives in some shape or form. These new sets are so sweet and will be the perfect thing to reach for when you might need to send some encouragement.

I have a total of 4 cards to share with you today featuring 2 of the new sets.

For my first two cards, I am using the Caregiver Hugs set. These two little bears are just so darling. I love the font on the sentiments as well.  I also love that you could use this set for just a general encouragement card.

For the first card, I stamped the image, added some simple Copic coloring and then drew in some grass to ground the sweet bears. I stamped the sentiment and some hearts. I then took my stamped panel and die cut it using one of the dies from the Envelope Edger die collection for added interest. I added this to a kraft card base to help tie in the neutrals of the bears.

For my second card using the Caregiver Hugs set, I again stamped the sweet bear image. This time, I added just a bit of shading with some grey Copic markers. I wanted the bears to still appear white but still have some dimension.

I die cut the stamped panel using one of the dies from the Pierced & Stitched Circles. I then took some patterned paper and die cut another circle to mat the stamped circle onto. I adhered this to my card base with some foam tape.

My next two cards feature the Cause Awareness set.  Both of my cards were heavily influenced by one of the sentiments in the set - Disease Sucks in Every Color.

For my first card, I took the cute ribbon image that is made up of hearts and stamped it repeatedly in rainbow order, slightly overlapping the ribbons.  I matted this with some black card stock, adhered it at an angle for added interest and then stamped the sentiment.

For my second card, I took the line of smaller ribbons from the Cause Awareness set and stamped it repeatedly, again in rainbow order. I left a space for the same sentiment I used above. Again, I matted the stamped panel onto some black card stock to help make it pop and tie in the sentiment.




Thank you so much for stopping by. I really appreciate it. Crafty hugs to each of you!



1 comment

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team