An Unbreakable Bond

Hello, again, Whimsy friends!  It's Andrea back with you today.  I feel like I should warn you that you might want to grab a Kleenex before reading this post.  I certainly got teary-eyed creating this card (that sentiment - man!).


Usually, I begin my cards by stamping and coloring my image(s).  For this card I actually created the background first.  I masked off a horizon line on an A2-sized piece of Bristol Smooth paper.  I inked up the Sun Rays Stencil with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide.  After removing the stencil, I inked up the panel again with the same ink.  To darken the rays a bit more, I put my stencil back down and used some Fossilized Amber just near the sun.  To create the sun, I traced a circle die onto a piece of scrap paper and cut it out with my scissors.  I laid the negative onto my panel and inked up the sun with Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade.


Before working on the ground, I masked off the top half of my card.  I used strips of post-it tape to create the path and blended on Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.  After covering the path, I created the grass with Peeled Paint and Lucky Clover.  I added just a hint of Black Soot at the bottom of the panel.  I removed all of my masks and flicked on some water droplets, which I blotted with a paper towel.


Whew!  Still with me?  I know that sounds like alot, but it actually goes pretty fast.  Now, we finally get to the coloring!  I stamped that sweet image from An Unbreakable Bond with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copics.  After fussy-cutting my image, I adhered it to my ink-blended panel and added some details with a white gel pen.


I used the Grass and Cloud Edger Die Set to die-cut the cloud border.  I stamped a sentiment from An Unbreakable Bond with Versafine Onyx Black ink and adhered the border to my scene.  The black frame was created with the two largest dies from the Hand Stiched Nested Rectangles Dies.  I popped up the frame with foam tape and adhered the whole thing to a black card.  I finished the card with some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Morning Dew.  To achieve a flatter drop, I hold the card level in one hand and thump the back of the card front with my fingers.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  For more inspiration, be sure to check out Whimsy Stamps on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.  Don't forget: During the month of June, you can get the stamp set below FREE with a qualifying order!


Hugs, Andrea

*NEW An Unbreakable BondSun Rays StencilGrass and Cloud Edger Die SetHand Stitched Nested Rectangles

2 comments

  1. Oh Andrea, what you have captured with this card is deeply touching, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team