Two of the Seven Dwarfs- Happy and Grumpy

Happy Tuesday Everyone!! Today it is my turn to share a fun image from Whimsy.


I would like to share a card I made using a Whimsy Digital image from the Meljen's Digital Collection called Gruffy Little Gnome. The sentiment is from Ticket Sentiments designed by Ann Vento of Raindrop Echo Designs for Whimsy. I seldom do cards for men but I needed a Thinking of you or Get Well card for an older gentleman at our church who has been very ill and in out of the hospital. I thought this image was so darling and would put a smile on his face.

For my layout, I used the Midnight Madness sketch challenge for this week which I flipped. The papers are from Bo Bunny. The image is colored with Prisma Color pencils and gamsol and sparkle is added to the hat. For the ovals along the thin strip I added sewing and buttons. You can see it better if you click on the photo for a close up.

Since it is a manly card, I used the Labels Eight Spellbinders and distressed the edges. For the sentiment, there is a blank ticket in the Ticket sentiments set where hand wrote the word Sorry.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Gruffy Little Gnome and Ticket Sentiments
Paper: Bo Bunny designer paper
Accessories: MS punch, bayou blue grosgrain ribbon, black grosgrain ribbon (3/4 inch wide), sewing machine, silver baubles, buttons from stash, copper brads, label eight die from spellbinders.

Here is yet another image using one of the Meljen's Design's digital images, Happy Little Gnome that I created last week. I used the Truly Scrumptious Sketch (Whimsy is the sponsor for two weeks, this is the last week for this particular challenge).








Stamps: Meljen's Design's digital images, Happy Little Gnome, Ticket Sentiments designed by Ann Vento of Raindrop Echo Designs for Whimsy
Paper: Basic Grey- Origins and Marakech
Accessories: White crocheted lace, prisma pencils, gamsol, heart charm, silver baubles, distressed stripes spellbinders, soft swirls, distresser, Standard Circle Nestabilities.

I hope you enjoyed my creations. Thanks for stopping by today!

blessings,
Chris

5 comments

  1. He He, so love the seven dwarves, these are wonderful creations, such cute images and beautiful stitching, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these!! They're so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Chris! The images are so fun, your coloring is beautiful, and the card layouts are fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehee such cute little gnomes ! i love all the layering and embossing x
    love
    maddyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous cards Chris! These gnomes are just the sweetest. Dunno why but I am unable to access the store? Have tried from all three of my computers hehe and they all say unable to access the website???? Suppose I'll just keep trying. Lotsa luv xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team