Belated Masculine Birthday

Good morning all!!! And a very happy Tuesday to you. Today I would like to share a masculine card I made for my nephew using the adorable Whimsy Turtle and the Whimsy Circle Postmark sentiment set. I thought since I was fashionably late for his birthday it would be very appropriate to use a SLOW turtle. Isn't he just darling.


I colored my image in with water colors and distressed all the edges on my card. The layout uses today's Midnight Madness Sketch challenge. The dp is Basic Grey Marakech. I added some stitching with some thicker thread to make it more masculine.

My Whimsy dt sister, Debbie E. also asked many of us at Whimsy to be guest at today's challenge at Spoon Full of Sugar as well since Whimsy is the sponsor this week. What fun!! Today's challenge there was to create a birthday card. This is my entry for this challenge. For more inspiration from several of my Whimsy dt sisters for this challenge, please visit: Debbie, Erin, Sue, Ann, Denise, Simonne, Marley and Rowena.

Have a great day!

Chris

3 comments

  1. I love how the DP even looks like almost turtle like- There are so many patterns that really catch the eye- Love ehat you have done!

    Angela
    SewManyCards

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, I love this Chris, all the circles look fabulous and so love those papers, perfect for a masculine card as it the little cutie in the centre! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Chris this is GORGEOUS!!!!!! Oh my word Love this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team