Special Guest - Marsha Farris

 

Hello, Whimsy fans!  Today we welcome the gifted Marsha Farris back to the blog.

Hey, friends! Marsha Farris here with you again today, sharing a traveler's notebook layout for my final guest design post for Whimsy Stamps.


I created this spread to document a photo with my two sons, taken on Mother's Day this year. I began the layout by adding stamped splatters to each page with the Distressed Backgrounds and Ink Splats Stamps and light gray ink. This stamp set makes creating mixed media backgrounds so quick and easy! Next, I trimmed two strips of patterned paper from the Starring Hearts 6x6 Paper Pack and adhered them to the top of both pages. I did a bit more stamping at the top and bottom of the pages with the Get In Line Stamps using black and light gray ink. Next, I layered a few patterned papers from the same paper pack behind the photo. 



I typed my journaling, trimmed it into strips, and added it below the photo. I also trimmed out a few triangle pieces from a patterned paper and added them to the page. I love the pop of yellow this provides!


Using the Happy Large Word Die and a few patterned papers, I cut out the word "happy" three times to serve as a portion of the title. I completed the title with puffy gray letter stickers. 


Thank you, Whimsy Stamps, for having me as a guest designer! I have enjoyed creating with these amazing products! 

Thank you, Marsha, for this wonderful inspiration!  
To see more of Marsha's work, be sure to visit her blog and Instagram account.






4 comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team