Special Guest - Toni Maddox


Hello, Whimsy friends! Today we welcome the amazing Toni Maddox to the blog!


Hi, everyone!  I'm delighted to be guesting on the Whimsy Stamps blog!

With Halloween in the air, I chose to play with a variety of Halloween products, combining them with Caveman Zog for a twist.

Caveman Zog Clear Stamps Goth Skulls Background Rubber Cling Stamp

I sponged the card base using, from the bottom up, Distress Oxide Vintage Photo, Wilted Violet, Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin, and Mustard Seed. I then stamped the Goth Skulls randomly onto the background using Distress Oxide Salvaged Patina and Candied Apple.


That tiffany blue really pops against the background colors so I chose to use it to cut out the Hill House, Build a Graveyard fence, and Ugh! outline.

Slimline Hill House Die Build-a-Graveyard Die Set

I colored up Caveman Zog using Copics in the no line style.  He was pretty darn easy to color that way since he's mostly naked so not too many little areas to color--at least not above the loin cloth.


For the sentiment combination, I sponged Distress Oxide Mustard Seed, Candied Apple and a touch of Wilted Violet onto the Ugh! letters. I love the look of the tiffany blue on top of the colors of the background then those colors on top of the tiffany blue.

UGH! Word and Shadow Die Set Comic Speech Bubbles Die Set

I created the sentiment in MS Word and printed it onto printer paper which I then adhered to cardstock for more body.  I cut that out with one of the Comic Speech Bubbles.  I particularly like how it looks nestled beneath Ugh!, don't you? 


I hope you enjoyed my card and have a great rest of your week!  If you'd like to check out my other creations, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.

And, don't forget that the Annual 31 Nights of Halloween blog celebration starts on Friday. You'll see me there for sure!

2 comments

  1. Such a fun card, Toni! Love this combo of products and the funny sentiment. Thanks for joining us as a special guest, it's great to see your Whimsy creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome card and fun combination of products! Fab coloring on Zog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team