Special Guest - Crystal Komara



Hello, Whimsy fans!  We are delighted to welcome the sweet Crystal Komara to the Whimsy blog!

Hello Whimsy friends!  This is Special Guest Designer Crystal Komara here with you today and I'm thrilled that the ladies behind Whimsy Stamps invited me back to be a guest for all things Halloween, because it my my favorite time of the year to make cards!  Whimsy Stamps has some of the best Halloween themed products around from zombies and aliens to gravestones and haunted houses.   Today I am sharing a card made using the oh-so-spooky-cute stamp set, Candy Corn Dress Up


I just love these cute little candy corns and I wanted to color them in non-traditional colors, hence the addition of pink.  But wait, there's more - it's a shaker card too!  Because cards are just infinitely more fun when they move and shake!  

Card details: 

The base of this A2 sized card was made from 80 lb. Neenah Solar White Smooth cardstock.  Using the Wonky Window 4 die, I die cut the frame from the same white cardstock. 



I lined the back of frame with a piece of acetate:


I then made sure to line over the the acetate with foam adhesive, end-to-end so that no sequins could fall out:


On a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Bristol White Smooth cardstock, I ink blended Distress Oxide inks in Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry:


I placed color sequins in the coordinating color section of the background (so that they would remain separated when I added my shaker frame).   I stamped the Candy Corn Dress Up images in Memento Tuxedo black ink on Neenah Solar White cardstock and colored the images using Copic markers.  I used my Brother Scan and Cut 2 e-cutting machine to cut the images, in lieu of fussy cutting.  

Using a piece of black glitter cardstock, I cut the haunted house using the Slimline Hill House die.  I only wanted the haunted house portion, so I cut it down to size.  I adhered the haunted house to the card using a Tombow adhesive runner. 


I adhered the candy corn characters to the card using 3M foam adhesive for added dimension.  Lastly, I stamped the sentiment "Hauntingly Sweet" in Versamark ink on black cardstock.  This sentiment is also included the Candy Corn Dress Up stamp set.  I heat embossed the sentiment in white embossing powder and adhered it to the top left side of the card using 3M foam adhesive. 


I hope you have enjoyed this fun Halloween inspired shaker card.   Thanks for visiting and have a wonderfully creative day!

XO, Crystal 
_____________________________________________________

P.S. - Are YOU ready for Whimsy Stamps annual 31 Nights of Halloween?!



Get ready for Whimsy's creepy Creative Team and spooky Special Guests sharing 31 haunted Halloween projects and inspiration all month long!  It's seriously spooktacular!  













3 comments

  1. I love this card! Those candy corns are so cute! Love the pink and that glittery house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much fun Crystal, what a cute post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team