Special Guest - Marsha Farris


Hi, Whimsy fans!  Today we welcome the uber-talented Marsha Farris to the blog!

Hey, friends! I'm excited to be with you today, sharing a traveler's notebook album layout for my first guest design post for Whimsy Stamps!


I created this spread to document my little niece's favorite birthday gift. I began by trimming two pieces of white cardstock to fit as full pages in my album. I added splatters to each page using black acrylic paint and a paintbrush. I chose a watercolor floral patterned paper from the Fabulous Florals Paper Pack and cut out several gorgeous flowers and flower clusters. Next, I trimmed a black and white striped paper from the same paper pack on the diagonal and cut it into a few strips, allowing space to tuck the fussy cut flowers.


I used another striped paper to back my photo and trimmed it into a tag shape. Tags are always a favorite, so I could not resist including one on the layout!  


Using the Happy Large Word Die and black cardstock, I cut out the word "happy" to serve as a portion of the title. I completed the title with the Cross-Stitched Sentiments Stamp. Then, I did more stamping above the photo with the same stamp set and black ink.


I love how my layout turned out using Whimsy Stamps products!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I will see you again soon with more inspiration!





3 comments

  1. I love how you've used these products in your traveler's notebook. They are beautiful pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful spread! Love flowers and stripes! Great use of the Cross-Stitched Sentiments, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team