Happy Halloweeds with Lisa

 

Hello, crafty friends. Lisa with you today, and I'm so excited to be back on the Whimsy Stamps Blog.

I don't know about y'all, but I'm ready for Autumn crafting, especially Halloween. And because I'm so eager to get going on Halloween, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to give you an early start on your Halloween cards.  Directly below, I have a step-by-step tutorial with photos. 

Happy Halloweeds Card

 
Start with a 4" x 5.25" piece of white heavy-weight cardstock; using the Whimsy Stamps Cutie ABC Die Set, randomly cut out the word creepy. Be sure to hang onto the E's, P's, and R's centerpieces. 

It doesn't have to be creepy use any word that you like. 


Using Distress Ink Walnut Stain, I grunge up a piece of 4" x 5.25" Neenah Desert Storm cardstock with a blending brush. You can use any brown ink and applicator you have on hand. Just make it grungy. 

Using Distress Oxide Black Soot and Vintage Photo, I cover the white panel. (I'm going to be 100% honest here. I really just wanted to play with some of the supplies that I don't use regularly. So bare with me!)



Press Press N Seal over the die-cut background, including the centerpieces of each letter. Once the background is secure, flip it over and add mounting foam. 

You can skip the mounting foam if you don't want dimension.

Adhere to the grungy Neenah Desert Storm cardstock.

I'm using Distress Oxide Sprays in Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade, and Wilted Violet to spritz the background. Once I'm happy with how it looks, I add white and black splatters with my favorite cartoonist pens. 


Use any spray inks or ink refills to create splatters to your background. Set aside to dry.


 In the meantime, stamp and color the Whimsy Stamps Halloweeds image using your favorite coloring medium. I stamped onto Copic Express Blend It Cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with my COPICS. Run the image through a scan n cut or fussy cut. 

Die-cut a piece of Vellum using the Whimsy Stamps Stitched/Pierced Round Nesting Dies. Adhere colored image to the vellum using glue, tape, or mounting foam.


Flip over and add mounting foam to the back of the vellum, making sure to hide it under the image.


Center over the dried background. Add glue or tape to the backside of the background and center on an 
A2 white card base. 




Thanks for spending time with me today! Leave a comment below, letting me know your favorite time of year to craft and have yourself an amazing day! 















1 comment

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team