Special Guest - Brianna Lepper

Hello, Whimsy friends!  Today we are very fortunate to have the talented Brianna Lepper with us to share a beautiful scrapbook layout.

Hey friends! I'm here today sharing a super fun mixed media layout as the June Guest Designer for Whimsy Stamps! I was so excited when they asked me to guest design because I LOVE their products! They gave me creative freedom when creating my layouts (I'll have another post later this month so stay tuned) and I'm so happy with how this page came out!



To start, I took the gorgeous Spiral Roses Background Stamp and stamped and heat embossed it using white embossing powder. I used a thick piece of white cardstock as my base and didn't add any gesso to it since I knew I wasn't going to add too much (if any) liquid to it. I stamped/embossed the background stamp 4 different times to make sure that I had enough coverage on my page. Then, I took out some Distress Oxide inks from my stash and ink blended them on. I used Kitsch Flamingo, Salvaged Patina, Salty Ocean and Squeezed Lemonade. Since I heat embossed the stamped images, they resisted the ink and the rose pattern just really popped!



Once the ink blending had a chance to somewhat dry, I took some clean water and spritzed and splattered it on to start the oxidation process. After a few seconds, I lifted the water up with a paper towel and saw some gorgeous water spots. I repeated this process a few times and love how it turned out! It adds interest to my already gorgeous background. I also splattered some white acrylic ink to add even more pizazz to it! Check out that texture!



Since my background was now complete, I got to work on the rest of my layout. I ended up choosing the BEAUTIFUL Fabulous Florals 6x6 Paper Pack. And when I say beautiful, I mean beautiful!! The florals are all so gorgeous, and we get doubles of all of the patterns. A lot of the florals were begging to be fussy cut, so that's just what I did!! I fussy cut a bunch out and got them ready to use as embellishments on my page.



Next, I matted my photo using the striped sides of a few of the papers and made sure to distress and tear the bottom edges. I then layered up all of the gorgeous fussy cut florals and popped a few up on some foam tape. I also added a bit of tangled thread to a few areas.



Another up close shot:



For my title, I used a puffy phrase sticker and some puffy alphas from my stash and sprinkled in some enamel dots as well.



Here's one more shot of these gorgeous florals! Even after cutting so many out, I still have a bunch leftover for other layouts!



Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope that I've inspired you in some way! Check out Whimsy Stamps here, they have so many gorgeous products! See you next time friends!

~~~~

Wow, thank you, Brianna, for that gorgeous inspiration!!

To see more of Brianna's work, be sure to visit her blog and YouTube channel.





3 comments

  1. That's a great floral layout. Cutting out the flowers from the paper pack was a great idea and truly enhanced the total look. Thanks for sharing and explaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout!! I love the embossed background and fussy-cut florals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! The flowers are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team