Tuesday Tutorial with Tricia Barber

 Hello!  Tricia here with you today to share with you a few tips for adding interest to your cards.   I created this Slimline design card with the Slimline Clouds Die set.  I die cut a panel from white cardstock.   I layered this onto a panel of light yellow cardstock.  I add more dimension to yellow panel, I stamped it with the Buffalo Plaid Background stamp.   Since this is a 6x6 stamp, I used some post it tape to tape the panel before stamping and made sure that one of the clouds was positioned to cover the line between stamping it a second time. 



I love this Happy Hamster stamp set!   I create the look of transparency in the blue balloon, I colored it as I normally would using E35, E34, E30, R27, R22, B49, B13 and B10.   I let it dry completely.  Once dry, I then went over the brown with BG0000, BG000 and BG01.   I used very little of the BG01, just enough to provide more of a shadow.   




Here are the rest of the Copic Markers I used: 

Hamsters: E30, E31, E33, E34, E35, E50, E51, E53, R20
Balloons:  R22, R24, R27, R29, Y11, Y13, Y15
Cupcake: E29, E27, E25, R81, R83, E85, Y11, Y15, C0, C1 



For my sentiments, I used the Simple Sentiments Strips Die set along with the Simple Sentiments stamp set.  I love how this make it super easy to create your sentiment banners.   I finished off the card by adding some Nuvo drops and I always make sure to add them into odd numbers and in the form of a triangle. 

Thank you for stopping by! 











1 comment

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team