2 Fun Rainbow Cards with Alanna

Hi friends!  I'm super happy to be sharing with you today two cards featuring products from the brand new Whimsy Stamps release that was just released a few days ago.

Hands down my favorite item from this release was the Array of Rainbows.  I love anything rainbow so these dies were right up my alley.

For my first card today, I started by stamping the Rain Drops Background stamp onto my card base in some light grey ink.

I then die cut the smaller rainbow from some white card stock.  Now since it only has 3 sections to it, I decided to add a bit of Copic markers with two colors to each section so I could get all of the colors in.

Once my coloring was done, I turned over the pieces making sure they were all lined up.  I then added foam tape to the back of the rainbow to make sure everything stayed together and to also provide dimension.

I die cut the smaller cloud from the Array of Rainbows die collection from some white sparkly glitter card stock.  I ran it through once as you would normally do and I also ran it through another time with the paper flipped upside down so that I could get a mirror image of the cloud - such a great way to stretch your dies.

I stamped the sentiment from the Bunny Balloons 2 set and then adhered my rainbow and clouds.


For my second card today, I am using the longer rainbow rays. I cut out the rays from white card stock and colored them with my Copic markers.  I then inlaid the pieces back into the card front. I love how this die cuts the stitching lines on either side of the rainbow rays.

I die cut both sizes of clouds again from some sparkly white card stock and adhered those.  The sentiment is from the Calories Schmalories set.  I mounted my panel onto a piece of light grey card stock.

Alrighty then, there you have it. I hope you've enjoyed my cards today and have been inspired. Thank you so much for stopping by. Crafty hugs!


No comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team