Adding coloring Outside of the Stamped Image

Happy Friday Whimsy fans. Alanna here and I'm thrilled to be on the Whimsy Stamps blog today featuring 2 CAS cards.

Now if you are like me and have tons of markers or other coloring mediums but aren't a big colorist or maybe are intimidated by some images to add color to, then today's cards are for you.

I started out by stamping the beautiful Bouquet image using some Copic friendly ink onto some white card stock. I then got to work by coloring outside of the stamped image, adding several layers of ink. 


Now here is what the blue card looked like after I had just scribbled on the first layer of color. It definitely looks like a hot mess.

The trick is to keep adding layers of color to get the marker moving and blending. 


Here's a final look at each of the cards. You can see that the blending isn't perfect but I'm okay with that because I think it adds some depth to the panel.

I finished off each card with a sentiment from the Bold Statements stamp set. Lastly, I added some clear gems to finish off the cards.



Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you've been inspired to pull out your markers and give this technique a try.  Crafty hugs!

No comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team