31 Nights of Halloween - Night 11 - Special Guest Marie Marco



Good evening, Whimsy friends!  
Tonight we welcome the uber talented Marie Marco back to the blog for some spooky inspiration.

Hello Crafty Friends! I’m so happy to be back guest designing here on the Whimsy Blog! We are on full Halloween mode now! Today I am revisiting my favorite spooky stamp set from Whimsy Stamps! This stamp set, designed by Deb Davis, called Eye Scream is just so much fun that I knew I had to make another card with it! There are just endless possibilities with this set! Today I wanted all eyes on the image of the peekaboo Mummy eyeball! 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1jlVFHzblF44eS-jehZCexh8ujh2tDm-J

This is a very simple card using just one image as my focal point for the front of my card. I wanted this piece to have a vintage, gore vibe.
To start off, I die cut 2 A2 sized panels from sturdy 110 pound cardstock. I then found some vintage wallpaper Halloween pattern paper (any will do) and die cut it in A2 size. I adhered it to one of my cut panels using score tape and distress inked the edges in Walnut Stain and Black Soot distress inks. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1oKwTpqV77njUcfYGTqAaRyape48S8E_ghttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1k-x5hFLu3Qh4Aw20syG8NG2_O1X0RaBc
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=18_lQJAMjUQrE1jy7MiKy3pLt4SzTzJzz

I colored the eye using the noline coloring technique by stamping the image with Antique Linen and used water color pencils to color. You can you use any kind of watercolors! 
Then taking a vintage-looking frame die, I cut out the die using black card stock. I also used vellum paper for some simple interest which I also distress inked and placed behind the eye. To frame my focal point eye image, I watercolored some random sprigs and foliage die cuts to create a wreath . To make everything POP, I added some red texture glue using an old bottle of Scribbles fabric glue to create that bloody amazing detail! You can use any red texture glue - like Nuvo drops would work perfectly!  I love this part! 
I wanted to keep the front of my card simple, so I put my sentiment on the inside. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1AXo_qpmb17r4HonQmJ71qQHCPT7I4a5Thttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1W9hru55hNQV49mvLCWVZWhdMybxDIJkw

I used Whimsy’s amazing Happy Halloween Word Die for my sentiment.  I also used the bat eye from the “Eye Scream” Stamp set.  I cut off the wings to replace the “o” in Halloween. I love the font of this Happy Halloween Word Die so much! It evokes very spooky vibes!! 

 Presto! A simple Halloween Card that your gore-loving friends and family will love this Spooky Season!!! I would like to give Whimsy Stamps a big, Giant THANK YOU for letting me be a part of  the Halloween Blog Celebration!!! I had so much fun creating this card! I hope you all have a very fun and memorable Halloween Season!!! Take care! -Marie 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1gmovnIAiapw-Mr_h8qE-6VGueuzoR59s

Thank you, Marie, for this amazing inspiration!  
To see more of Marie's work, please visit her blog or Instagram account.











11 comments

  1. I love it, that eye is so well done, creeeeeepy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously cool! Love the creepy, vintage vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BLOODY eye hell-ell-ell-ooo! This is Amazing! I eye-dore the red bloody goop by the eyeball and the patterned wallpaper! And the wreath! Pure Halloween Creepy Brilliance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is so much dimension to the eye.
    Spooktacular card. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! Marie! Come on! This is perfect! Nothing short! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this card Marie! Genius design and truly beautiful done! I need that red gooey blood in my stash!!!
    Honestly - superb design, one of the best halloween ideas I’ve seen!
    From Sue…xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEEEK! That eyeball is so creepy. But in a good way. Love it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team