Special Guest - Keia Shipp-Smith

Hello, Whimsy friends!  We welcome the talented Keia Shipp-Smith back to the blog.

I am so excited to be back this week to share a card featuring the Gnome One Else stamp/die and Build A Fairy Garden die sets. Okay, let me just put it out there, I have seriously been searching for gnomes to add to my stamping collection, and low and behold, Whimsy Stamps has some of the cutest gnomes ever! And then I came across these awesome mushroom dies in the Build A Fairy Garden set, and I was in creative "need mode." These two items pair together so nicely. Swoon-worthy for sure. 



To create this card, I started by stamping, Copic coloring, and diecutting the ever-so-sweet gnome couple. To achieve this depth of coloring and shading, I like to pair my Copic coloring with colored pencils. I find that layering colored pencils on top of Copic markers provides me with more control and the ability to better color smaller, intricate images. Coloring this image took me about 1.5 hours, but I love how it turned out. 



The mushrooms are so fun to play with as there are several techniques you can use to color these diecuts. In the end, I chose to ink my mushrooms with dye inks using a range of colors from deep reds and yellows to subdued browns. Once the mushrooms were assembled, I was ready to put together my card. A few layered mushrooms, a loving couple, sweet sentiment, and an enamel heart complete this card. I designed this card with my hubby in mind. We will be celebrating our twentieth wedding anniversary in a few weeks. And truly, "There's Gnome One Else for Me."



Thank you for stopping by and spending a bit of time with me. I enjoyed my time as a guest designer with Whimsy Stamps. I hope you are feeling inspired to step into your crafty space and make something beautiful.


Happy Crafting,


Keia


Card Supplies:







 

2 comments

  1. I love your style and this card! So clean, bright and cheerful. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. it's very playful and cute. I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team