Tuesday Tutorial with Dawn Pauley

Hello Crafty Friends, Dawn here from D Pauley Designs. I'm visiting from the Whimsy Stamps Video Team to share a slimline card with Distress Texture Paste.  I used the Whimsy Stamps Butterflies Stamps set and matching die along with the Revealers 1 die set and some other products!


So let's get started. 

First, I make a cloud background with some distress oxide ink. You can use the Whimsy Stamps Grass and Cloud Edger die set or you can create your own cloud stencil by cutting different size humps in a piece of card stock. 


Then, I cut a rectangle from a piece of white card stock using the largest Whimsy Stamps Slimline Cornered Rectangle Die. Then, I took the Revealer Die and cut it in the center of the rectangle and using a craft knife I cut off the straight edge.

Next, I used the same rectangle to cut out the clouds. At this point is when you should put your distress texture paste on with your stencil. It makes it much easier that way.  However, when I made this card, I didn't decide to use the distress texture paste until after I put the card together. So, the next picture shows me putting it on after the card is some what assembled. 
To make my stencil, I used the Whimsy Stamps A2 Lattice Die and die cut it from a piece of white card stock. I used this as my stencil. 

Once I cover the whole paper with my paste, I let it dry for a little while. Then, I take some foam tape and  put it on the back of the white background and adhere it over the cloud paper.

I colored in all of my butterflies with copic markers. 
I used the following colors:
Small Butterfly - Y13, YR00
Medium Butterfly - Y13, V04, V09, RV66
Large Butterfly - YR07, RV09, RV63

I heat embossed the sentiment "With Heartfelt Thanks" with white embossing powder onto a piece of black card stock. Then, I put foam tape on the back of it and adhered it to the card.
I put foam tape on the back of the butterflies and adhered them to the card. 
To finish off the card, I scattered some gems randomly onto the card. 


That completes my card for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Here is a list of the Whimsy Stamps supplies I used.

No comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team