Sweet Sunday Digital Team Tutorial ~ Colouring with Deni

Welcome Whimsy friends!
I'm so happy that you should visit today,
as we have another fabulous digital team tutorial for you!!

Sweet Sunday Digital Team Tutorials!

The lovely Denielle from our Digital Team has created
an amazing Copic Marker colouring tutorial for you,
using one of our sweet Wee Stamps digital images.
There's even a sheet for you to print off
with Copic Colour details!

Now I'll hand the blogpost over to Deni...


Hi Everyone,

Today I am sharing with you a real time video for Whimsy Stamps colouring up Iris from the Wee Stamps collection. The image is available in Digital format and also as a Rubber Stamp. I have both of them linked up at the bottom of this post in the thumbnail links.


This is such a stunning image to colour up and I hope you will come and colour along with me (you can find the colouring video at the end of this post and a direct link if you prefer to watch directly on my You Tube Channel here.



I printed the image out onto X-Press It Blending Cardstock using my Brother Laser Printer - Laser Printers are completely Copic Marker safe and will not allow for any bleeding of the image.

To assist in the real time colouring video I mapped out exactly what colours I was going to use and where I was going to use them on this image. Hopefully this Direct Link works to the download as I have never done this before.




Copic Markers Used

Hair E74, E77, E79
Flowers R81, R83, R85
Scarf E31, E33, E35, E37
Skin ~ E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Dress V20, V22, V25, R81, R83, R85
Pants B93, B95, B97, R81, R83, R85
Wings B01, B02, B04, Y21, Y23, Y26


I began with colouring the skin on the image, I used E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20 for this area of the image.



Moving on to the hair, I used E74, E77, E79, this is my favourite blend for darker hair tones. I worked the hair in chunks rather than doing a flicking motion, meaning I coloured up each of the sections one by one.



Next up I coloured the scarf, I wanted it to pop off the image a little but still blend so I decided to go with a brown combo - E31, E33, E35, E37.



I coloured the pants up as a denim type look so went with B33, B95, B97 and used R81, R83, R85 for the flowers on them as I was planning on using those pinks on the image elsewhere and that would help bring all the details together.



I continued using the pink blend from above - R81, R83, R85 and coloured up all the flowers on the image, this is my most used pink blend of markers and one of the first ever blends of markers I used.



Next I began colouring up her dress, I used some V Markers - V20, V22, V25, they give a nice lilac/mauve type tone and I used the pink markers above to colour the strap on her dress.



Moving on to her wings, I went with yellow and blue, I used Y21, Y23, Y26 to give a nice golden yellow rather than a bright yellow. For the blues I had originally planned to use 3 markers however I ended up only using 2 - the B01, B02, the section to colour was only small and when I started laying the colour down I realised it was going to be unnecessary to add the third marker into the mix. I had planned to go back with my white gel pen and add the white dots back in however I completely forgot and did not do this - I will more than likely add these when I start putting my card together.



I used my 0 Colorless Blender marker to fix up any areas that need the colour pushed back in, then I used it to add some dotted detail to the wings.



Finally I used my Uni-Ball White Gel pen to add details to the image, this always makes an image look completed.



I thank you all so much for reading my post and I hope you will pop on over to my You Tube Channel and Watch the colouring process and colour along with me. Remember you don't have to use the same markers as me, they are there as a guideline only. Use what you have and make it you :-) I hope you have enjoyed my post today, if you have any questions feel free to send me a message or contact me via facebook (all links can be found below).

Deni x


Watch the You Tube Video Here



Thanks for stopping by, Deni x
2018 Copic Marker Ambassador ~ Australia and New Zealand


S O C I A L MEDIA 
B L O G : https://ldli.co/e/3xky6x
I N S T A G R A M : https://ldli.co/e/5dn20x
YOU TUBE: https://ldli.co/e/ej5l90 
F A C E B O O K: https://ldli.co/e/mjxn2r
PINTEREST: https://ldli.co/e/2l9zom


 Huge thanks to our amazing Digital Diva Deni for this fabulous colouring tutorial!

We hope you will enjoy colouring along with Deni's tutorial and remember
you can print off the sheet Deni created with the Copic Colours and
suggested uses so you can colour along with her fabulous video.

We will of course be back again
next month with another fabulous Digital Team Tutorial!
So be sure you stop back then, there's always so much
to see and inspiration to be had here on the
Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Blog.

If you colour along with Deni, we'd love for you to
share it in our Facebook Group. I know she'd love to see!
You can ask Deni any questions there you may have,
just tag her in the post to be sure she sees it!

The Digital Divas will be back next Sunday with our last showcase for May
and then we will soon be sharing the June New Release with you!
Squee, I'm so excited, can't wait!
There's so much to share!

Have a beautiful week ya'll xoxo


2 comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team