Tuesday Tutorial - Vellum Focal Point


Hello, Whimsy fans!  Today I'm going to show you how to use vellum to create a focal point.


I love patterned paper but sometimes the pattern is busy enough that it can be hard for the eye to focus on the image(s).  Check out the pic above.  Cute but the Christmas Tidings images are a bit lost on the Mermaid 6x6 Paper.


I cut out a piece of vellum using a Wavy Nested Frames Die and lightly brushed it with blue.  Just that tiny bit of color and translucent paper helps the eye to focus on the main images without losing the cuteness of the patterned paper beneath!  I like how the wavy edges mimic those of the Wonky Stitched Rectangle Die too.


Next I colored up the images using Copics with colors drawn from the paper. Notice the sentiment is stamped partially on the vellum. Super cute!


I hope you're inspired to try this and am looking forward to seeing the results!  If you'd like to check out my other creations, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.

Be sure to check out the new goodies in the Whimsy shop too!



1 comment

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team